Yummy things you probably didn’t know about AVOCADOS:
- Avocados have more potassium than a banana
- An avocado is a fruit
- One avocado has 4 grams of protein
- Avocados are high in fiber
Avocados are one of my favorite foods, and now that summer is approaching I will be definitely eating a lot more salad! The lime juice adds freshness to the dressing and the hint of coconut flavor reminds me of my favorite place, Hawaii. It works great on green salads and also works well as a sauce for chicken or shrimp.
Avocado Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar, unseasoned
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
1. Peel, seed and dice avocado and place in blender or food processor.
2. Add garlic, salt, lime juice, water, vinegar, and cilantro leaves.
3. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in oil until a creamy emulsion forms.
4. Transfer vinaigrette to a small bowl or squeeze bottle. Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.