If you love PF Chang’s lettuce wraps, then you will love these. I can’t wait to hear how yours turns out! Enjoy :)
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Yields 4-6 servings // Cook time 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Iceberg lettuce, rinsed and drained
- soy sauce, hoisin sauce (for dipping)
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 1 Tbsp sesame oil. Add garlic and half the chopped onion. Cook 3-4 minutes, until onion is soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the ground chicken and ginger to the skillet. With a spatula, break the chicken up into small chunks. Cook until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in the rest of the onion, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and rice wine vinegar.
3. Fold in water chestnuts, green onion, sesame oil and peanuts.
4. Serve on a bed of lettuce with a side of soy sauce and hoisin sauce, if desired.